martes, 30 de marzo de 2010

Spanish girl in Afghanistan

Mum bought a book for me. In Christmas and birthdays she is generally more concerned about my supply of panties, so this is news.

The book is a real story about a Spanish girl that gets trapped in Afghanistan with her Afghan husband, who she met in London. There is a word that explains very well what the book makes you feel: idiot, idiot, idiotic girl.

Actually, the book is supposed to be a beautiful love story. She is not willing to leave Afghanistan without her husband, and she even had to be rescued twice, because she came back to him after the first time. Idiot…

I’m sure this is exactly what my mum had in mind. Of course, sadly, now I know this is the way she feels about me: she feels I’m an idiot and this is her subtle way to tell it to me.

But she is not right, at least not completely. For starters, Martin and I are way more careful when we travel. This girl crossed the border of Afghanistan leaving all her money and documentation in the hands of a kid. Idiot… Plus, she gets pregnant twice while being there and we are not even thinking about it… well, more exactly we are waiting for the right moment in the year of the dragon when the moon is in Jupiter and we have loads of money so we can feed caviar every day to our child.

Mum probably thinks I'm more adventurous than I really am, and Czech Republic far more wild than it really is. God bless her imagination. But talking about imagination, wasn’t that was fairy tales were all about? Princes risking their lives once and once again for princesses trapped with some evil dragon or Taliban. When did we stop dreaming about it? When did the prince start thinking twice? “As far as I’m concerned if you silly enough to get stuck in Afghanistan, you can rescue yourself. Or call your mum”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario