martes, 8 de junio de 2010

In a relationship

So, it is true. I don't have any "relationship status" in facebook.

The thing is, I asked Martin some time ago if he was "in a relationship" and he told me he wasn't aware of having any status. Yes, I didn't need to ask, I could have checked, but you see, we don't really do much facebook at home.

I supposed in such a case, you would be listed as "single", which is unacceptable, because we ARE in a relationship and anything else would be lying. Moreover, amongst our friends, we have a kind of record of "being in a relationship" versus "not being in a relationship" or "being in a marriage" and it is not unusual for normal couples to actually break up for something like not having the correct facebook status.

But now, it turns out, we don't have facebook status. I feel a bit disadvantaged. Should I change it? Or, more exactly, should I force Martin to change it? Taking into account that the simple mention of the word relationship makes him shiver, will this be a step in the direction of acceptance? Or in the direction of getting traumatized and downgrade me to "in something like a relationship that is not a relationship even if it has looked like that for over six years"?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario