jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

Visitors

This week I had visitors home. It was great but exhausting. I realized how much my childhood friends are like family. I love them very much, but if they stayed one more day in my place, I would need to slaughter them and no one could blame me.

It was tiring even before they arrived. We had to clean up the house, make sure that we had enough supplies and fix the stuff that needed to be fix so they wouldn't have a reason to raise their eyebrows. Sure enough, if Martin and I we were an organized, tidy couple, the kind of people that do shopping and cleaning on Saturday mornings, we would not need to make so much effort, but well... we were obviously not looking for this kind of skill when we found each other in a student party in Eindhoven.

Of course, and the same thing would happen with family, all this cleaning spree could not possibly be enough. Among the general complains that my friends raised during the weekend were the fact that my bathtub is too high, we don't have drapes in the windows, we don't have enough pillows, my umbrellas are too big, my gel produces allergy, the clocks in the house are noisy, the birds in the neighborhood are singing at night and I should go to the hairdresser. Plus, in Czech Republic the sun raises too early.

I love them. I really do. They filled my house "literally" with wine and sweets and it was great to spend time together. But I have to say I felt so relieved when they left... the house was a mess, there were tons of dishes to clean and candy everywhere. We sat in the couch with a bottle of Spanish wine and did nothing but to recover energy. And yes, like family, irrationally, one day after I was already missing them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario