lunes, 31 de enero de 2011

To fly or not to fly

I have two weeks left to fly. I don't mean enjoying childless life, but more literally being allowed in a plane.

That means, if I am still in Czech Republic after two weeks I will have to deliver in Czech Republic, which is according to plan, but scary nonetheless. The hospital we reserved looks professional and nice, but if a bunch of babies decide to get out on the same date as yours no reservation will prevent the hospital to direct you to another place, even somewhere out of Prague.

Now, there are two things that contribute to me freaking out. First: There is a doctors' strike in Czech Republic. Looks like a good deal of them resigned the last day of the year, when the government decided to cut their salaries. They are supposed to leave their jobs the last day of February. I hope that the government will manage to close a deal with them, because although most of Czech girls are thrilled by the perspective of giving birth home, as God intended it, I'm not.

Second: We got a list with items that you should pack for the hospital. Toilet paper is in the list. Toilet paper! I know that Czechs don't leave home without toilet paper, a knife and a muesli bar, but I will say it again. Toilet paper? Maybe we need the knife too, to cut the umbilical cord. Maybe the muesli bar will come in handy if they don't provide food. Maybe we should consider buying some drugs and syringes, and carry a bucket of soapy water to disinfect the equipment. Maybe Martin should have some cash with him just in case we need to bribe the nurses to get sheets in the bed. Or maybe I should just fly to Spain.

Two weeks to decide it...

Pregnancy symptoms: The belly is starting to be heavy and annoying. I'm having problems to get into public toilets. And still is not getting me a free place in the bus.

Mother instinct: 3 I don't want the baby to go out. But not sure if this is mother instinct or self preservation instinct

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario