martes, 1 de febrero de 2011

Pregnancy lessons at home

We are modest people. When we first moved into our 30 square meters flat we slept without mattress for almost a week. The first furniture we bought was a hammock and a wine storage. We survived without a table for over six months because Martin refused to buy a soulless one from IKEA. We ate over a tray stuck on top of our wine storage.

Over the years we started piling up stuff. We did buy a table from IKEA, and another one to hold our flat screen and our Wii. We replaced the plastic chairs with real ones, we even adopted a non functional dishwasher and a broken washing machine, and we found a corner to pile our snowboards, skates, and golf clubs.

We didn’t count with a baby, though. So when we knew about him we started looking for a bigger place. In the center, so mummy and daddy can still go to the cinema, but with a garden, so the baby can eat worms. We amazingly found something quite acceptable (God bless divorcees in a hurry to sell).

But we still don’t have the keys. We still didn’t paint and we don’t have a table. So the baby cannot come yet, and neither the lady that is supposed to give us prenatal lessons in English. I don’t want her to see our lovely-but-not-children-friendly student nest. I don’t want her to teach me how to breathe while she peeks at the pile of suitcases and sports equipment in one corner of the leaving room and the basket full of cables in the other. Really, I don’t think we can even fir three adults and my belly in our leaving room slash dormitory slash kitchen.

So I’m going to ask somebody to lend us his place for the prenatal lessons. Is this being a good parent? I don’t know. But it sure feels like the first of a series of stupid acts performed when you have a child.

Pregnancy symptoms: My mum says that if I eat too much the baby will be too big and I will have problems to deliver it. I say chocolate is as necessary as folic acid during pregnancy. Makes mum happy and caffeine free.

Mother instinct: From time to time I have the feeling Martin and I got into a beautiful mess. Then, the happy hormones kick in and I find baby toys adorable. I do have hormones after all!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario