miércoles, 2 de febrero de 2011

Happy Hormones

Martin pointed out that I am particularly happy since I'm pregnant. That is a nice way to say I didn't performed for a while my psycho girlfriend routine. And that is weird. Martin expected pregnancy would turn me into a crazy bitch. I expected that as well. The hormones overdoses and, the overweight, the overwhelming responsibility and the life changing feeling should be enough to make anybody nuts. Now top that with a coat of pregnancy sugar "the miracle of a life growing inside you" and you get a perfectly nice young lady that suddenly turns into a mad mum.

But so far I'm ok. Too much ok. I am quite happy indeed, enough to make me suspicious. This doesn't feel natural. I doubt very much that the miracle of a life growing inside me is changing my mood, or that I subconsciously give a shit about the perspective of "fulfilling myself as a woman".

So the only plausible explanation is of course, hormones. Happy hormones. Some chemical aid is keeping me high and cool and that's why I am not totally freaking out. And what is going to happen when I expel the little alien and the happy hormones disappear? It is very worrying indeed.

Pregnancy symptoms: The belly is starting to be heavy and Martin refuses to get me a pregnancy pillow because we have perfectly good normal pillows at home.

Mother instinct: 2. I am sad about leaving work. And not so excited about the perspective of changing diapers

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario