martes, 15 de febrero de 2011

Oxitocine

Apparently it is the hormone of love. You get it when you hug and when you kiss and it will make us fall in love with the baby, even more than we are now. These are not my words, of course, it is what we learned in the prenatal lessons.

So, I got scared. Should I be in love with the baby already? Sorry, nope. We are just getting to know each other. He can be annoying when he kicks my bladder and he can be cute and creepy at the same time when his little foot moves from one side of my belly to the other and you can see it from the other side of the dinner table. But that's pretty much it. For now. I am of course expecting the magic oxitocine will perform miracles on my mother instinct.

And what about the father instinct? Since daddy's hormones are not playing the little chemist games in his body, when is he supposed to get high with love for the little alien? should I hug him often, so he gets some more oxitocine?

I was getting worried about all this until I browse through the booklet that we got in the prenatal lessons. Homeopathy, acupuncture, Bach's flowers... ey, why not fairies and little green men? Father's instinct may exist or not, but I'm afraid we are not going to get the answer in this course.

Pregnancy symptoms: I cannot run anymore. It hurts.
Mother instinct: 2 Apparently, still running low in Oxitocine

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario