jueves, 3 de marzo de 2011

To bribe or not to bribe

I met today my new gynecologist. This is the one from the hospital where we are supposed to deliver the baby. And I have to say, it was love at first sight. He speaks English, he was friendly, and looked as professional as you can look in a short visit, which is a lot taking into account that my usual gynecologist once "forgot" I was pregnant.

The hospital itself looks quite reassuring as well. It is like a big baby factory, where even the check-ups are done in a chain basis. Sounds good to me. They only do babies, so they probably do it right. They also have some private rooms, so if you are lucky to have one available, daddy can share the joy of sleepless nights from day one.

Now the catch, of course. Turns out that if the hospital is too busy that day, even if you have a reservation (we do) you may be sent to some unfriendly post-communist spot in the outskirts of Prague where the doctors have to google before giving you the epidural. And the way to avoid it is to bribe some doctor or midwife in the baby factory.

I have no problems with bribing in this case. There is no much of a difference between this system and just going to a private clinic in Spain, but Martin seems to have some moral issues and is delaying the friendly talk with the doctor. Needless to say, I got all pregnant over it and said I don’t care what needs to be done, but if I am sent to a hospital without toilet paper I will just refuse to deliver, plus I will never forgive him and I will get the baby and run to Spain in the first chance. I think he got the point.

Pregnancy symptoms: Home-Center trip pre-pregnancy, 20 min, Home-Center trip now, 40 minutes.
Mother instinct: Nope. Just scared.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario