sábado, 16 de junio de 2012

Teta


Daniel might have said his first word today.

It is tricky, this first word thing. One second he would look lovingly in your eyes and pronounce loud and clear ma-ma, and the next, before you can squeeze him and kiss his chubby cheek, he turns around, look at the ficus and say ma-ma. But today, he said loud and clear te-ta (breast in Spanish) and I have reasons to believe he really meant it.

I am so glad he chose Spanish for his first word... it's like he acknowledges the time and effort mummy has put into reading "Rafa la jirafa" and gives me hope the whole family will not have to learn esperanto to comunicate at the dinner table.

It is also a big step towards speaking. People keep on saying, every kid speaks sooner or later, but I can't help thinking he might just decide it's not worth the trouble choosing between hungry or hambre or hlad or Hunger, since he is fed in regular intervals anyway.

By the way, teta also means aunt in Czech, but I'm going to dismiss the possibility that my son was playing this joke on me. He is fifteen months old, after all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario