jueves, 17 de enero de 2013

Autooo

From all the words Daniel says (five, to be exact), there is one that he repeats several hundred times per day: Auto. Or better, Autoooo.

Daniel's favorite toys are, hands down, cars. Dani thinks a car is the most interesting thing in the whole world. Of course he also likes balls, kitchen appliances, mobile phones, and any object as long as it is dirty, dangerous and/or out of reach. But his relationship with cars is different. He likes his tricycle to the point of wanting to sleep with it.


Is it because he is a boy? Possibly. But I also think it is partly genetic. His dad has his own obsessions too. He is surely not getting it from me. I am not able to recognize my own car in the street (I have to look at the Czech plate), and now that it is snowing, I simply do not drive. Martin has other type of problems, namely to recognize clothes. I think when dressing he only asks two questions. Do I fit inside? Is it not pink-ish?


Like many other things that used to be adorable prior to Daniel, this one is not fun anymore. It is a bit inconvenient that Martin cannot recognize Daniel clothes, so he randomly leaves in the day care his son's trousers or steal some from other kids. I know it is up to me to take Daniel in something else than pajamas out of the house and I suspect this is not likely to improve with time. In case my son turns out to be like his father I pray that fashion in the future will be kind to him.


Overreacting? Not a bit. I came home late yesterday after a couple of drinks and found Daniel sleeping with a reindeer outfit. horns included. And hugging his tricycle.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario