jueves, 11 de noviembre de 2010

It moves... but it feels like trapped air

One of the less publicized side effects of the magic world of pregnancy is the fact that your belly is suddenly a mixture of baby, water, some extra blood… and air.

The digestive system apparently gets slower, and that means that as you get less and less sexy you fart more and more (it is not for getting strawberries at four a.m. that you need a loving, caring partner during pregnancy). Of course this is all accompanied by strange noises and movements going on under your skin.

So, in this situation, Martin comes and asks, you know, the fetus of my friend Ondrej is already moving! We should start feeling it too. Do you feel it? And he places a hand over stretched skin, placenta, fetus, water and moving bowels. Maybe, I answer… and he looks like me being incapable to distinguish baby kicks from gas has to do with my lack of maternal instinct.

Later the doctor asks again, "do you feel it moving?". "Probably…" I answer. It is either some tiny alien body kicking from the inside or yesterday’s chicken panner tikka. And he looks at me guessing again that I don’t have any maternal instinct and writes "movement +/-" in my maternity card.

At least that gives me an alternative answer to “do you feel it moving?” “plus minus” I will answer. And I will smile.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Big belly full of gas
Mother instinct:Pffff

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario