domingo, 7 de noviembre de 2010

Letting go of trousers

It's around week twenty now and I'm slowly coping with the fact that my winter trousers just won't fit anymore. Neither the summer ones. We spent a few days in Canary Islands and the only thing I could wear was a pair of "boyfriend cut" jeans.

Since I refuse to buy maternity clothes so soon, I'm happily embracing the fashion of XXL T-shirts, leggings and these dresses that fall loose under the breast. This is not the proper business attire, mind you, but nobody in the office has complained so far.

In fact, although my belly is not big enough yet for anybody to conclude that I'm pregnant, guys in the office has started looking at me a little bit differently. They say hi and immediately the eyes move in the direction of my belly. Just the same thing that happens when you are showing too much cleavage. One movement of the pupils down and up. The whole thing lasts just a second and I dare to say it is probably almost unconscious. Only now, they are passing over the cleavage all together and going directly to my belly button.

And that is a bit strange, taking into account that the only pregnancy thing I really needed to buy so far is a set of new, enormous, maternity bras.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Getting the shape of a prehistoric virgin.
Mother instinct: Nah. I suppose my body didn't fabricate the right hormones yet. Can they be bought somewhere?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario