jueves, 5 de julio de 2012

First words!!!


Dani is starting to say his first words. God, it's exciting! Most kids will say mama or papa, but with him we really don't know what to expect.

The biggest question, of course it's in which language will he speak and until now, that remains uncertain. There are three words Dani repeats, the first one being mama. Two very clear and distinct silabes. I'm so proud of him... The problem is that generally mama means "I'm hungry", so when they told me in the kindergarten that he woke up screaming mama, he might have been just dreaming of the nice paella he ate yesterday.

The second word is "auto" or more like "atoatoatoato". This could be either Czech or German, so we will have to wait until he can put a nice adjective or a verb next to it. I also think it could be a variation of the previous word "teta" (breast in Spanish). It seems to me a very logical, although slightly disturbing, progression.

The third word is "agua" (water in Spanish). I was so sure and so happy about this one. Until I proudly mentioned it to the caregiver in the kindergarten. "Oh, ja! agua!" She said, while pretending she banged her head against the wall. I looked at her, a bit shocked. I didn't really expect that reaction. "Kids say it all the time when someone falls" Oh, yeah! It turns out that is what Germans scream when someone is hurt. Needless to say, the mental imaged that followed was my son screaming for water and people thinking he just banged his head against the wall.

My poor baby.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario