viernes, 16 de agosto de 2013

Daniel's new discovery

Dear friend, did you ever observed how often your son touches his penis? Just asking. It is probably something very normal for mothers to do, since they suggested it to us in the Krippe last week. To observe what situations triggers my two years old son to touch himself.

Of course they didn’t put it like this. It was worse. The bright idea came from the girl responsible from my son’s group. She has a pet name for us, “la enana maldita”, that could translate to “damn dwarf” according to google. DD is the girl that calls every single time I’m in a business trip, the one that does not give tomato to my son because of some imaginary allergy, and the same one that looks at me with that dirty nun’s look “has there been a change at home lately?”, which translates to “that Rabbenmutter insists on working?”

DD’s latest obsession is to have Daniel undergo a F-U-L-L medical checkup. The reason? He eats a lot and is really thin. I asked her to write it. I want to show it to the pediatrician when asking him to extract blood and X-ray a two years old based on the fact his thighs are thin. It will be fun.

So, in fact DD not only wrote three paragraphs detailing such terrible symptoms, but included a few sheets of paper with tables to write how the stools generally look like and how and when my son touches his balls. DD suspects he does it because he has problems with digestion.

Truth is, lately Daniel discovered his penis and couldn’t be more pleased. I’m not sure if I became one of this mothers that insist on justify the unjustifiable, but honestly, I couldn’t be less concerned about the fact, and I’m pretty sure it has nothing to be with digestion. It is summer, the thing is accessible, and he enjoys taking it out of the diaper for a bit of sun. As he has, like any other child, discovered the pleasure of touching his testicles earlier than the social rules that goes with it, we, parents, get into all kinds of lovely situations. Now when I hear laughs around me I know that Daniel is showing his bird to the people having a drink around us.

His father tried to approach the topic noting him, that even if dad also has a penis, he keeps it most of the time safely stored. Daniel answered by grabbing his pipi and repeating happily “pito! Pito! Pito! I think his father looks at him with a bit of jealousy. You and I know, my friend, if touching one’s junk in public was acceptable, men would stop only occasionally touching their balls in order to scratch their butts.


Anyway, the most annoying part of the whole issue was changing him every time he peed on himself and that is more or less solved just by rescuing a few onesies. And regarding DD’s questionnaire, I’m going to fill it while staring at an empty glass of rum. When does your son reach into his diaper? In two occasions, mainly: When it is itchy and when he feels like.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario