viernes, 13 de septiembre de 2013

Pinkinki

Last week we had the meeting with DD in the Krippe, that one to discuss when and how my two years old son touches himself.

I handed over my papers, 100% fabricated with the help of my dear husband. “Poo was fine, then we played with some autos and he touched his penis” What shall I write we ate? Paella and Serrano ham, let’s make DD jealous. DD told us that our observations matched hers and we agreed to dress him with two layers of underwear. For other parents’ sake I hope we are not contributing to some kind of research project with all these nonsense.

Anyway, we moved then to other topics, and discussed how his language skills are progressing (far more interesting topic for a research project, by the way), and there DD proposed we write a list with the most common Czech and Spanish words he uses. This girl is so much fun!

If we did it, the list would look like this: Krtecek, pronounced cheke, are my son’s favorite cartoons. Nakladní auto, pronounced kani is a trailer. The only reason we understand Daniel when he speaks is his ability with non verbal communication, his insistence, his index pointing, and that supernatural gift that is given to every parent when the child turns one and that makes them recognize that ah! means “my bottom is itchy, please mum, give me cream”.

I hope we are not considered bad parents but we are not going to write the list. We would need to include words such us “tanke” and “pinkinki”, big and small in “Spanish”. Last time we were in Spain grandma and grandpa loved to repeat these, thinking they were learning German from Daniel. I’m really sorry I had to laugh about it. I should not have said anything. It would have been hilarious to see my mum in some shop in Nuremberg holding a sweater and repeating to the shop assistant “pinkinki, pinkinki”.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario