lunes, 18 de febrero de 2013

Intimacy


I don't know if every Spanish family some years ago had this debate about nudity, if the children should see their parents naked. In the nuns school I attended I seemed to be the only girl to have seen a penis, and of course this is as terrible as thinking that the pink Power Ranger was not cool.

I even discussed this topic with Martin some years ago. Do you think our children should see us naked? Martin stared at me and made a sound "dah!" which meant "I am the master of my house and no intention to use underwear". Of course, Czech people have a different relationship with their body. I have seen the disturbing number of leopard slips in Czech campings, that has to be the reason.

Since Daniel was born, the question whether children should see us naked had lost all meaning. Is it even possible to avoid it? Daniel touches my breast when he pleases, follows me when I go to the bathroom shouting "mama-pee pee, mama-pee pee", and when we are in the airport, I force him into the toilet with me so he doesn't end up in a flight to Baghdad. And Martin... well, he is just so looking forward to teach him how to pee standing (some people say Germans don't do that) and take him to sports events that end up with a mixed sauna.

If I needed further proof that makes no sense to keep a child ignorant about the shape of genitals, there are the Czech fairy tales  in which you can see (cultural shock) naked gentlemen and of course, Internet. Who wouldn't hesitate before pressing the link "Pocoyo's great party?"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario