jueves, 28 de febrero de 2013

Paperwork

My family has issues with paperwork. Whenever some bureaucratic thingy needs to get done my family doesn't wonder what office? We wonder, what country? And yes, even if it exists something like free movement for people inside the EU, so far there is nothing like free movement for birth certificates.

Last time we were talking with the Czech authorities, the conversation ended up like this:

-So.... let me see if I understand. You are Czech
-Yes
-Working in Germany
-Correct
-And your wife is Spanish
-Yes
-Working in Czech
-Yes
-... from Germany
-Aha
-And your son...
-My son was born in Prague, here you have the passport (Spanish)
-And you all live in Germany
-But my permanent address is in Czech, at my mum's. In Mohelnice.

Five seconds of silence. The nice lady has a stoic, indecipherable expression. She looks around, picks one paper from each of the little piles around her desk and pass them from her side of the table to ours, press the "next one please" button and smiles.

So we never went further than the "name and address" box.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario