martes, 16 de abril de 2013

Dear followers...


Dear followers...

Yes, apparently, besides a couple of freak friends, someone out there reads my blog! I had every reason to doubt it, since even my husband is too busy to check it out. Of course I also expect my son would like to read it but by the time he learns how to read I'm sure having a blog will be rather démodé. In fact some youngsters had already noted to me that blogging is outdated, as well as writing démodé in the Internet.

Doesn't matter. I'm like that people that post their horoscope every day in Facebook, even when nobody ever "likes it". Since we do not have "I can't stand you" and "you are really annoying" buttons, "not liking" is the worst thing that can happen to your post. And that's ok. Internet is hostile enough as it is.

Anyway, until very recently I always thought those peaks in the stats were caused by Ukranian robots and people seeking to know if it is ok to have gazpacho while pregnant. If that is why you are here, I'm glad to finally answer, yes, gazpacho is very healthy, feel free to have as much as you want. Your embryo will love it.
But turns out somebody follows this blog. At least a person. I met her by chance and needless to say, it made my day.

I acknowledge I'm still far from becoming an Internet celebrity. You only know you are there when your kitty's pictures spark heated discussions about Hitler. By contrast, I keep on writing about Germans and so far I did not get any reaction at all. But it does not matter, I'm like that friend of your mother that insists on sending her powerpoints describing the meaning of life. The meaning of my life is to make sure my child is embarrassed in the future.

So, dear follower, if you feel the need of supporting with a random comment this online nonsense, please, feel free. I would love to know you are not a tomato soup loving pregnant robot.



2 comentarios:

  1. Here you have another reader. As far as I know, I'm not a robot and I'm not pregnant either, although one can never be completely sure about those things.

    I'm a friend of Nacho C. who told me about your blog long time ago and I've liked it enough to stay and follow your adventures. Actually, I find it quite interesting, specially since I've moved to Munich and have a German boyfriend with whom I communicate in three different languages and a wide variety of grunts. So, don't give up and keep your blog until it's old enough to turn from démodé into vintage, which is way more trendy!

    Saludos!

    Raquel

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Haha! Thanks girl! You made my day.

    Keep on grunting. That's the language of the future

    ResponderEliminar