viernes, 19 de abril de 2013

Grunts and Czech words


Daniel is now in that phase in which he looks into your eyes, and with a very straight face tells you exactly what it is in his mind.

It sounds like this:
Aujajechusisasotatatataautoautoautoauchgrudodadadadadaaauto... tak!

When one tries to reverse-engineer the audio file, identifies first, of course, several instances of the word ‘auto’. Secondly, a few German sounding words and finally some two-syllables items such as tato (traktor), tata o teta… Fascinating, isn’t it? Mothers can talk about this kind of stuff until they kill someone out of boredom. Some of them are just more skilled than I am trying to imitate the sound of their children.

The slightly bizarre for me is that tak!, Czech for "so" or "well", that Daniel uses really skillfully when he is choosing a toy, finishing an activity or between sentences. How he learnt to use this word before even learning how to pull up his trousers is a mystery to me. I suppose kids copy particularly the most random stuff. Like that time I was eating and telling my husband about an ass of a co-worker and when I turned to Daniel he was waving his hands and moving his head and saying “blablablahahahaaaaablablablahahaaa” like an Italian on drugs. Yes, looks like when I’m mad at someone I look like an Italian on drugs. Hilarious.

When Dani imitates Martin, though, it is a bit unsettling. I maybe mentioned some time that Daniel is an exact scaled copy of his father. All blue eyes, long legs and belly. Basically in order to deny his paternity you would need to resort to some unknown twin brother. I knew this, but still, what I really could not expect maternity will bring to me is the image of my husband, shrank to half meter, dressed with post communistic clothes (grandma...) going to the bathroom, grabbing the toilet with both hands, sticking the head as inside as possible and doing grrrr grrrr grrr, spitting and walking away fully satisfied… tak!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario